Sunday, April 6, 2008

My new blog

Hello! I thought I'd start a blog to share photos (mostly of knitting projects) with my family and friends. Here are some of the projects I've finished so far this year. They are warm wool garments that will be delivered to children in orphanages by Children in Common.






I did this one in U of MN colors without even realizing it. I just thought the gold and maroon looked pretty together.




This one is super soft. It was made with Elsbeth Lavold Chunky AL, a wool/alpaca blend.





Wow, I think my coffee table makes a great background!

This yarn is my favorite. It is Queensland's Kathmandu Ultra, which is a blend of merino, silk, and cashmere. It is incredibly soft. Unfortunately, I think it has been discontinued because it is really hard to find now.





As you can probably tell, our knitting group's most recent challenge was to make sweaters. Now we're onto socks.






No comments:

Post a Comment