Monday, May 26, 2008

Knitting Techniques

Due to popular demand (i.e. Marmel), I'm posting about knitting resources on the web.

One of my favorite websites for knitting techniques is Knitting Help. It has these great little videos that show you exactly what to do and they're shown from the point of view of the knitter.

I particularly like their tutorials on joining yarns without having to weave in the ends. For wool yarns, there is the felting method, and for non-feltable yarns, there is the Russian method. You can find these videos about halfway down the Tips page.

I also like their video tutorial on short rows. Many have tried to explain how to do this technique, but this is the only explanation that made any sense to me. The video is at the bottom of the page entitled Advanced Knitting Techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment