Sunday, December 28, 2008

Socks for Me, Socks for You

I made the socks pictured above for my sister for Christmas. In case you can't tell, they are mauve with dark purple toes. They are so thick they're more like slippers than socks, really. But she went to Alaska for Christmas, so extra-warm socks may come in handy...or footy, actually.

The socks below are for me!




I finally did it...I finished a pair of socks for myself. The first sock sat, half-knit, languishing on my coffee table while I worked on other projects. Then we had a week of subzero temps and man, were my feet cold! It motivated me to finish the pair so that I could enjoy them all winter. They are super warm. I used Sugarloaf yarn, a machine washable wool blend that is cushy and smooshy.

4 comments:

  1. Heideh, I love the socks! They fit perfectly like you had a wax model of my foot - how did you do that!? :) Here, in Alaska the HIGH is -40 degrees today!!! It is insane. Love you - I will call you soon so if you see a 907 number it's me!
    Ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowie, I'm glad you like your socks. I didn't need a wax model of your foot because I have a live model...my foot! I can't believe how cold it is there. You must be a block of ice by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms Prolific sock knitter - Thanks for the second pair of beautiful socks you made me and delivered on Saturday.

    I LOVE them. They are really warm and comfy. This fit is perfect.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, I'm glad you love them and they fit. That makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete