Friday, April 24, 2009

Rectangles and Warm Woolies

This is a toddler sweater I made for Warm Woolies a few months ago, using Jaeger Extra Fine Merino Chunky yarn. I finally grafted the underarm seams today, so now it's ready to send. I've been holding items to send to them until I finished all my lingering projects. Now that I've finished them all, I realize that I could have sent a box a long time ago because now there is so much stuff to send I'll need 2 boxes anyway. I hope there will be some nice person at the post office to hold the door open for me! There usually is.



Below are photos of some rectangles I've knitted for the Handmade Afghans Project. They crochet the rectangles together to make afghans for wounded soldiers. I am sending 14 rectangles.


The rectangle above looks brown, but it is actually green. I tried out a new stitch pattern, gulls and garter, and I really like how it turned out.


These 2 cream-colored rectangles are also examples of new stitch patterns that I tried. The rectangles are small enough (6" x 9") that they are great for trying out new patterns. It was fun. I got a little adventurous.


No comments:

Post a Comment